By Sam Hysell on April 4, 2017
As an intrapreneur, dealing with compliance can certainly be a hurdle to overcome. In today’s episode, Moves the Needle CEO Brant Cooper and I are excited to have Stephen Poor talk about how compliance departments can better enable innovation and how law firms can be more innovative. Stephen is the Chairman of Seyfarth Shaw, an international law firm comprised of over 900 lawyers. Whether you’re a lawyer or an intrapreneur, you’re in for a treat.
If you’d like to have a conversation around how you can transform your organization to make discovering new value business as usual, don’t hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to help you get a call scheduled with one of our Innovation Champions.
With that said, let’s jump into the show where we’ll discuss:
- – Similarities and differences between innovating in the legal industry vs other types of organizations
- – The ideal relationship between innovation departments/intrapreneurs and compliance
- – How Seyfarth goes about innovating upon their legal services
- – How to establish a set of guidelines with the compliance team in your organization
- – How to restructure teams and language to enable innovation
- – The importance of resilience as a lawyer and innovator